Saturday, December 29, 2012

A New Beginning

Well, Christmas has come and gone and the new year is approaching! I can hardly believe that a whole year has passed by since last Christmas. It's been a great year even though it went by way too fast. I'm grateful for all of the experiences that I've had this past year; I've learned and grown a lot.

When the year comes to a close, just as many, I reflect on how it went: what I did well and how I could do better. I also look forward to the next year to figure out how I can make it better than the last. I will be able to try new things and find new successes, while putting other things behind me and starting fresh. In Isaiah 43:18 it says "Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old." With the new year we can put the past behind us, but this is something that doesn't have to happen just once a year. We can have a fresh start every week!

Once a week on Sunday we are able to partake of the sacrament. When we do so we are completing the repentance process and renewing our promises with God. With this important ordinance we are able to start fresh for the new week...every week! We don't have to wait an entire year for a new beginning  Oh how amazing and merciful the Lord our God. What incredible opportunities He gives us!

I testify it is through the Savior Jesus Christ we are able to be cleansed of our sins, and this by baptism, and when we take of the sacrament our sins are forgiven and our promises renewed once more. I invite all people everywhere who have made those sacred promises with God to renew them this very Sunday, and again and again after that, so that you may feel the joy of a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment